Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sew busy

I've been really preoccupied these past weeks, there is a lot going on. It seems that with Fall arriving I'm playing catchup with a lot of things. Home and work both have unfinished tasks and with the decision to learn a new trade just adds more quirkiness to it. My kids decided this year their costumes would be a dinosaur and an African queen. Of course me being the artsy weirdo I am decided to make these myself. So my DH bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and I've been getting used to it...slowly...lol. Besides that my DH also decided to redo our bathroom so for over a month now things have been a bit hectic, one day I came home to no walls and no sink, then no floor ( did I mention I have small kids ) Can you say disaster. I never felt so dirty after getting out of the shower in my life.

Also for the sake of my blog my hair is growing like crazy, I just latched it a week ago and already there's some new growth, funny I don't remember it being this way when i wore it in an Afro...hmmm. With the weather changing to a colder climate I'm anticipating the dry scalp and hair and here it is. I've started doing hot oil treatments, Castor oil that is. The regimen goes as follows :
1. 2 Tablespoons of Castor Oil
2. Warm in microwave for 15 seconds
3. Rub into hair and scalp
4. Wrap hair in plastic cap or towel
5. Sit for 10 minutes or longer
6. Let air dry
7. Carry on with daily duties

Really simple. You can get Castor oil from your local pharmacy. Who knew that nasty stuff was good for your hair ! I'll be blog stalking..I mean searching for more winter remedies to share, until then stay happy and nappy !

2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Thanks for the tip.Pity you posted when I'm entering summer though!You really are behind!!LOL.You should come over and teach me how to sew!

Unknown said...

Great idea and tip. I know lots of people use olive oil. Using castor oil never occured to me. Thanks@