Thursday, September 18, 2008

Book of the Month.

The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management. by Hyrum W. Smith

I trained my self about three years ago to speed read, well not super speed reading but I can finish a book in about a day or two. I realized that I had not be utilizing this skill to my advantage and have taken on reading this book. I have until Sunday to finish it, because I have a million more books to go ! Anyway it's very good for those of you looking to get some things in order for your life. I always suggest some positive reading back up by your spiritual beliefs with these two things in retrospect you're always on the right track.

Law 1 is You control your life by controlling your time. Enough said right there. How often do we use excuses as to why we can't accomplish tasks, spend time with our loved ones,take a vacation or most things in general ? Number one answer is not enough time. When actually we have unlimited time.

The defintion of time in the dictionary says

Time is a continuum in which events succeed one another from past through present to future

So my focus for this week is to better learn how to control the events that occur in my life,instead of constantly reacting to the events. Granted there are things that we have no control over like sunrise,weather or death. However we can control how we react to these events that occur.....

I challenge you to focus how you react to events that happen this week, if you don't like your results then do something about it starting with changing your thoughts towards something positive.

2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

"However we can control how we react to these events that occur....." How true. Hope you're well..You're a darling!!

CarmenNC said...

I was going to tag you!!! I see you've been tagged recently so I'll back up off of you. Are you still writing poetry?