Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Been a Week and so far so good...



My braidlocks were born on August 16th at 8:45pm I've never counted all of them. I do know that I have over 100. It took me about three 1/2 hours to do them myself. This is one of the best decisions I've made in 2008. I'm not new to the nappy hair styles. In 1999 I cut off all of my permed hair and went natural through college. In 2002 I decided that I wanted to perm my hair....I think I went a little nuts after having my first child....very soon after I went back to natural *but* wore braids, hair weaves, wigs, and got my hair pressed often. All in the name of being natural...supposedly. Earlier this year in 2008 I decided that enough was enough. I got tired of going to sleep on my afro and then waking up the next day to find it looking like an ice cream cone that had been licked too much on one side. The morning rush gave me little time to create masterpieces with my fro, so I just did the afro puff....which got tired.

When I did make time for my hair I did it in two strand twist or braided it into a hairstyle....I loved it...until it was time to take it down...good lord ! I've always, always, always, adored locs and was not aware until recently of the many styles of locs. I started doing my research and fell in love with braidlocks....If I'd known about these I would've locked my hair in 1999 instead of struggling all these years with the decision. With my braidlocks I have unlimited options, styling flexibility, and yet a care free sensibility with my hair, it's only been a week and they've started to fill in ! *i've been telling my hair that it grows an inch a week* I can wash it as much as I want and braid it up at night and roll out in the morning...God is soo good I've never felt this good about my hair before :)



2 comments:

Maryee said...

You go girl!!!!

NappiNish said...

:) Thanks it's because of women like you that was better informed in my decision !